Friday, April 29, 2011

la bodega...

One of my nearest and dearest friends, Jacqueline Schell, is getting married next weekend, so last weekend we took a trip to Kansas City, MO for her bachelorette party. We spent Saturday afternoon roaming the Plaza and then our limo picked us up at 7:30 and took us to the most amazing little restaurant, La Bodega.


I immediately fell in love as soon as I stepped outside of the limo, this little restaurant had so much character. Once I was inside it sealed the deal...completely infatuated. 



La Bodega is known for its tapas, which are small appetizer-like dishes. My friend and I ordered 3 each to share and it was more than enough food and everything was so delicious.


One of my favorite dishes was Crespelle de Feta y Puerros, which was thin crepes layered with feta cheese, leeks and basil. Absolutely amazing!


There are frescos painted on the walls and the table are topped with authentic Spanish tiles. The atmosphere was everything you want in a restaurant and more. I felt like I had stepped off the street in KCMO and into a cafe in Spain.


We ordered pitchers of red and white sangria, both of which were oh so tasty.


Every once and a while the sweet smell of cinnamon would fill the room and you would look around and find a waiter with a flaming wine glass in hand. This drink, turned art form, is known as Spanish Coffee...while I didn't try any, it smelt and looked amazing and definitely gives me a reason to revisit this wonderful little restaurant.


La Bodega's original location is in Kansas City, Missouri, and there is also one in Leawood, Kansas. I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone who happens to be in the area. The food is wonderful and the atmosphere is even better! From what I understand during happy hour their entire menu is 1/2 off, which is definitely a great deal! 




No comments:

Post a Comment